Madeira is one of the most impressive islands in Europe!Below is my Madeira Travel guide to help you plan your ideal itinerary including:
- the best places in (especially villages, beaches, mountains, rock formations, viewpoints…),
- my best tips to make the most of your time,
- plenty of photos to make you dream of your next trip!
This article contains affiliate links (Disclosure page). If you purchase using my link, I get a commission at no extra cost to you.
Travel Guide written by Claire, the ultimate Travel Planning Geek
“With the Zigzag Travel Guides, Planning is half the fun of Traveling”
Pure Travel Planning Inspiration! (No Ads – No Sponsored Content)
Best things to do in Madeira
Discover some of the most beautiful places in Madeira: the best beaches, the most beautiful villages, the jagged mountains, the lush valleys, the fascinating viewpoints. A great overview of all the things not to be missed!
Travel Guide eBook
Be overwhelmed by the beauty, not the planning!
My selection of the best places to see in madeira are included in my ebook to help you easily plan you Trip to Madeira:
Plan your dream trip in Madeira thanks to my guide
- 7 maps to easily plan your itinerary
- 120+ pre-selected locations
- GPS direct to the carpark
- Tips to make the most of your time
- 260+ original photos to help you choose
Planning a trip around Madeira
There is so much to see in and do, that planning a road trip in Madeira might feel overwhelming. The following articles will help you plan your trip (step by step and with suggested itineraries) and get read (with a driving guide and accommodation suggestions).
Need to rent a car in Madeira?
- Compare prices on my favorite platform: Discovercars.com – one of the best rated comparison sites!
- Choose a car with enough power for steep roads
- Consider their full coverage option – it for peace of mind!
- Book early to have a large choice of vehicles!
Useful Links to book your trip
- Book your accommodations – Book from a large choice on Booking.com (where I book all my accommodations) or Compare prices on hotelscombined.com
- Book your organized tours, visits and tickets via GetYourGuide.com (the one I use the most) and Viator.com
- Get equipment and appropriate clothing… on Amazon
- Insurance – I wish you a very smooth trip, but my policy is: better be prepared. I personally use World Nomads. Get a quote online here
Things to do in Madeira East
Things to do in Madeira West
And keep track of your own trip!