Andalucia is a fascinating region in Spain
Below is my Andalucia Travel guide to help you plan your ideal itinerary including the best places in Andalucia (especially villages, beaches, archaeological sites, forts...), road trip guides and plenty of photos and video to make you dream of your next trip!
Make the most of your time in ANDALUCIA!
// In this article, no ads, no sponsored posts. Just some affiliate links.
// If you purchase through them, I get a commission at no extra cost to you (Disclosure).
Pure Travel Planning Inspiration!
No Ads - No Sponsored Content
Best things to do in Andalucia
Discover some of the most beautiful places in Andalucia : the best beaches, the white villages (pueblos blancos), the beautiful mountains, the impressive forts, the fascinating historical sites. Those articles will give you a great overview of what there is to see in the region.
Note: I have chosen the Spanish spelling Andalucia as it is becoming more and more common.
If you are planning a road trip and want to create your own ideal itinerary, check out my eBook that is made to facilitate your life:
Be overwhelmed by the beauty, not the planning!
Plan your perfect trip around Andalucia!
- 7 easy-to-plan maps
- 150+ pre-selected scenic locations
- Planning tips to make the most of your time
- 300+ large photos to decide where to go
- GPS coordinates direct to the carparks
Planning a road trip around Andalucia
There is so much to see in and do, that planning a road trip around Andalucia might feel overwhelming. The following articles will help you plan your trip (step by step and with suggested itineraries) and get read (with a driving guide and accommodation suggestions).
Need to rent a car in Andalucia?
- Compare car rental prices on my favorite platform: Discovercars.com - one of the best rated sites!
- Choose the car and company you prefer (remember the villages narrow streets)
- Consider their full coverage option - I always take it for peace of mind!
- Book early to have a large choice of vehicles!
Regions of Andalucia - Map
Below is a simple Map of Andalucia to help you get oriented with the various towns and regions.
Where to stay in Andalucia?
- Sevilla for its vibrant life - see best rated accommodations
- Cordoba for the unique cathedral - see best rated accommodations
- Granada for the historical buildings - see best rated accommodations
- Ronda for the villages and historical area - see best rated accommodations
- Nerja for Costa del Sol - see best rated accommodations
- Cadiz for Costa de la Luz - see best rated accommodations
- Agua Amarga for Cabo de Gata - see best rated accommodations
Cordoba - Jaen Region
Cordoba used to be the Capital of an Islamic Caliphate in the Middle Ages. The region is filled with stunning historical sites. the most famous is the Cordoba cathedral with its arches. But you also have forts and ruins of palaces. Plus the region offers some stunning mountains not to be missed!
- Things to do in Cordoba
- Things to do in Ubeda and Bazea Spain
The region of Almeria is at the South East corner of Andalucia. It is famous for its volcanic costal area with the Cabo de Gata Natural Park as well as the only real desert in Europe.
- Cabo de Gata Natural Park
- Playa de Monsul
- Playa de Playazo
- Los Escullos
Granada is a famous city, home to La Alhambra Palace. But there is so much more to see in the region: the beaches of Costa Tropical, the mountains of Sierra Nevada, and troglodytes houses in a fascinating bare landscape.
- Things to do in Granada
- How to visit the Alhambra
- Lake Negretin
- Alhama de Granada
The Malaga region is where you can find the long sandy beaches of Costa del Sol and the famous mountainous region of Ronda.
Around Ronda and its bridge there is much to see with archaeological sites, mountains and villages...
And 2 locations which are technically in the Cadiz province, but should visited when you explore the area of Ronda:
Cadiz is the oldest continuously-inhabited city in the Iberian Peninsula. It is home of the beaches of Costa de la Luz with beautiful sand and dunes. You can find historical villages, roman ruins and stunning landscapes.
- Bolonia Dune and ruins
- Things to do in Jerez de la Frontera
- Trafalgar lighthouse
- Medina Sidonnia
- Vejer de la Frontera
Sevilla - Huelva Region
Sevilla is the capital city of Andalucia. It is the heart of flamenco - The region offers a lot in terms of Music, architecture, and history. And around Huelva, you can find wetland reserves with abundant bird life.
- 2 or 3 days in Seville
- Real Alcazar Seville
- Carmona Spain
- Italica ruins in Santiponce
And keep track of your own trip!
General Travel Tips
Practical websites to book your trip
BOOK YOUR ACCOMMODATION & TOURS
- I personally use Booking.com for their large choice of both hotels and apartments, their real reviews and reductions for repeat customers - Book your accommodations via Booking.com (or if you prefer - Book with Hotels.com)
- DAY TRIPS - The other travel option I like to just seat and relax while admiring the scenery it to Book day trips and organized tours. I also like to have my tickets beforehand to save time. I personally use GetYourGuide.com and Viator.com
GET EQUIPMENT YOU NEED
- CLOTHES, SAFETY ITEMS, PACKING PRACTICAL ITEMS, LUGGAGE, ELECTRONICS... Get it on Amazon (US, UK and Canada only)
GET TRAVEL INSURANCE
- I wish you a very smooth trip, but my policy is: better be prepared. I personally use World Nomads. Get a quote online here.