About the Author
Hi there! My name is Claire.
And I am a Travel Planning Geek and road trip planning expert 🙂
I have 2 big passions:
- Seeing the best that Nature has to offer around the Earth
- Researching, Simplifying and Organizing information (seriously, I love it!!!)
I have been running this blog since 2013 and publishing road trip guides since 2014. And I also run the French and German versions of them.
My previous career as an Engineer is very applicable to what I do here. My expertise has always been on process efficiency and information management. I am also a quality auditor. With this background, I am able to analyse my travels and manage the volume of information about destinations to bring you guides that remove the overwhelm in planning a road trip.
I grew up in Normandy, France and after a passion for ice skating when I was younger, I have developed a new passion for traveling.
I have lived in Strasbourg, Paris, Sydney, Singapore, and the German Black Forest.
And I have traveled in over 30 countries and planned so many road trips!
I currently live in Le Havre, France which is a great cruise port in Normandy.
To contact me, use the form at the bottom of the page.
About ZigZag Road Trips
To help Nature lovers find useful, curated and well-organized information
to easily plan unforgettable road trips!
For those wondering why the name ZigZag: I am not a full time traveler, I just Zig to different places and Zag back home and then somewhere else.
The short story of Why it all started
I think planning a trip if part of the fun of traveling. I spend many hours (shall I say days or weeks?) researching potential travel destinations, deciding on what to see or visit, finding out the best places and times to photography things…
I get such a high when, after hours scrolling and clicking, I finally find the information I needed. Don’t you?
Well this is why I started ZigZag Road Trips. I want to give back to other travel planning addicts by sharing tips and my own photos. Contrary to most travel blogs which share general country posts, I provide detailed information location by location.
I want you to get a high when landing on my website and finding the information you need.
- NO DRONE - You will note that I don't play with fancy photo techniques or drone footage. I want you to see pictures close to the reality at the time I saw it. This way you can decide if the place makes it on your itinerary and when you should get there.
- NO ADS - No flashing or confusing ads - In fact, no ads at all - I have decided not to bother my readers with all those distracting ads. It would be easy income but I believe we are already too bombarded by ads
- NO SPONSORED POSTS - No sponsored articles - right from the start I have decided to refuse all sponsored opportunities (with brand or tourism boards). I want to be able to go as in depth as I need to to give you my own perspective and recommendations
Follow ZigZag On Earth:
Be overwhelmed by the beauty, not the planning!
Sign up for the monthly tips & get your Free Road Trip planning checklists!
ZigZag eBooks & websites reviews
It is such a joy to get feedback from my articles and eBooks. As I said, I love it when you finally find what you are looking for thank to my websites. Here are some reviews of the ZigZag Road Trips websites and ZigZag eBooks:
What a gold mine! I’m eating it up!
Amazing! So excited to find something so useful compared to the other books I’ve purchased!
It's awesome! I find the guide very well written, with plenty of relevant & useful information. Info such as the amount of time necessary to visit a spot are very helpful when planning a tour. And the pictures are amazing - they really make you wanna go there
Some amazing places I would have not discovered without your great website
It’s being priceless in planing my trip
I bought the e-book "The Road Trip Guide Portugal" and I love it very much. I think that this book is the best travel guide I have ever read.
About my photography
- a Canon 7D with only one lens for practicality (a Canon EFS 18-200mm), and a my very light but steady tripod Induro CT213
- a GoPro Hero 4 silver
I am excited to share that one of my pictures was selected in one of the National Geographic Your shot story as well as published in their book Getting Your Shot!
General Info / Policy
- I will try to keep the information up-to-date but cannot ensure the accuracy of all details
- Almost all photographs on this website have been taken by and are the propriety of myself, Claire Robinson, creator of ZigZag On Earth. Those shall not be used, reproduced or sold without my approval.
I am very happy to answer specific questions from readers or get feedback 🙂
However I DO NOT ACCEPT guest posts, sponsored posts or paid links on my website. There is no point in sending me a request.
Your email will only be used to answer your questions through my protected Business email account. You will not be added to any newsletter.