About the Author
Hi there! My name is Claire Robinson. And I am a Travel Planning Geek and road trip planning expert.
I have 2 big passions:
- Seeing the best that Nature has to offer around the Earth
- Researching, Simplifying and Organizing information (seriously, I love it!!!)
I grew up in Normandy, France, and have lived in Strasbourg, Paris, Sydney, Singapore and the German Black Forest.
- I’ve traveled to over 30 countries
- I have planned and completed over 40 road trips in different states, countries and regions and in different seasons (including winter).
- I’ve rented countless vehicles around the world, with international companies and small local ones…
I currently live in Le Havre, France which is a great cruise port in Normandy.
- I’ve been blogging for over 10 years – first with the English version since 2013, then this French version since 2016 (and also German versions in 2018 and Spanish in 2022)
- I’ve been publishing travel guides since 2014 – over 10,000 eBooks sold since 2014!
- My previous career as an engineer applies perfectly to what I do here. My expertise is in process efficiency and information management. I’m also a quality auditor. Thanks to this know-how, I’m able to analyze my travels and manage the volume of destination information to bring you guides that will prevent you from feeling overwhelmed when planning a road trip.
I am honored to have been published on:
- National Geographic – In the Book: Getting Your Shot
- The Huffington Post – In the Travel Blogging Section
- Y Travel Blog
- The planet D
Region Lovers SARL
76600 Le Havre
To contact me, use the form at the bottom of the page.
Follow ZigZag On Earth:
Be overwhelmed by the beauty, not the planning! Sign up for the monthly tips & get your Free Road Trip planning checklists!
About ZigZag Road Trips
To help Nature lovers find useful, curated and well-organized information to easily plan unforgettable road trips!
The International Websites
For the moment the ZigZag Road trips eBooks and guides are published in 3 languages:
- In English on this website, ZigZagOnEarth.com
- In French, on ZigZagVoyages.fr
- In German, on ZigZagReisen.de
- In Spanish, on ZigZagviajes.com
The regional websites
And now working on developing regional website, to always make your planning easier to make the most of your travel time:
For those wondering why the name ZigZag: I am not a full time traveler, I just Zig to different places and Zag back home and then somewhere else.
The short story of Why it all started
I think planning a trip if part of the fun of traveling. I spend many hours (shall I say days or weeks?) researching potential travel destinations, deciding on what to see or visit, finding out the best places and times to photography things…
I get such a high when, after hours scrolling and clicking, I finally find the information I needed. Don’t you?
Well this is why I started ZigZag Road Trips. I want to give back to other travel planning addicts by sharing tips and my own photos. Contrary to most travel blogs which share general country posts, I provide detailed information location by location.
I want you to get a high when landing on my website and finding the information you need.
- NO DRONE – You will note that I don’t play with fancy photo techniques or drone footage. I want you to see pictures close to the reality at the time I saw it. This way you can decide if the place makes it on your itinerary and when you should get there.
- NO ADS – No flashing or confusing ads – In fact, no ads at all – I have decided not to bother my readers with all those distracting ads. It would be easy income but I believe we are already too bombarded by ads
- NO SPONSORED POSTS – No sponsored articles – right from the start I have decided to refuse all sponsored opportunities (with brand or tourism boards). I want to be able to go as in depth as I need to to give you my own perspective and recommendations
Je ne bois pas de café
Mais j’aime d’autres boissons et douceurs !
Vous appréciez le contenu gratuit que vous trouvez sur mon blog ? Tous mes conseils et infos pratiques, sans publicité intrusive…
ZigZag eBooks & websites reviews
It is such a joy to get feedback from my articles and eBooks. As I said, I love it when you finally find what you are looking for thank to my websites. Here are some reviews of the ZigZag Road Trips websites and ZigZag eBooks:
What a gold mine! I’m eating it up! – Jesse
Amazing! So excited to find something so useful compared to the other books I’ve purchased! – Sarah
It’s awesome! I find the guide very well written, with plenty of relevant & useful information. Info such as the amount of time necessary to visit a spot are very helpful when planning a tour. And the pictures are amazing – they really make you wanna go there – Christina V.
Some amazing places I would have not discovered without your great website – Joern
It’s being priceless in planing my trip – Alexandra S.M
I bought the e-book “The Road Trip Guide Portugal” and I love it very much. I think that this book is the best travel guide I have ever read. – Silvian
I have researched for almost two years all over the internet for places to go in Slovenia and Croatia. I leave the U.S. in September. I just found this book and wow did I waste a bit of time the past two years. This is beyond amazing. You have every site I planned to visit plus so much more. The added stops you have listed will make my trip a fairytale delight. You have done a superb job. – Michael
About my photography
– Olympus E-M1 Mark III with Olympus lens 12-100mm
– a GoPro Hero 4 silver
(- I used to have a Canon 7D with only one lens for practicality (a Canon EFS 18-200mm), and a my very light but steady tripod Induro CT213)
I am excited to share that one of my pictures was selected in one of the National Geographic Your shot story as well as published in their book Getting Your Shot!
General Info / Policy
- I will try to keep the information up-to-date but cannot ensure the accuracy of all details
- Almost all photographs on this website have been taken by and are the propriety of myself, Claire Robinson, creator of ZigZag On Earth. Those shall not be used, reproduced or sold without my approval.
I am very happy to answer specific questions from readers or get feedback
However I DO NOT ACCEPT guest posts, sponsored posts or paid links on my website. There is no point in sending me a request.
Your email will only be used to answer your questions through my protected Business email account. You will not be added to any newsletter.