The Kyrgyzstan Tourism is going to boom in the coming years: discover why and why you should visit right now.
Welcome to the Kyrgyzstan Travel Guide! Kyrgyzstan is a country covered with mountains, jewel lakes and nomadic people. When traveling through the country, you can only feel connected to nature and yearning for a simpler life. This Travel Guide will help you discover in photos the things to do and see around the country. The detailed information and tips for each destination will also help you plan your own trip.
MAKE THE BEST OF YOUR TIME IN KYRGYZSTAN!
This page contains affiliate links, which means that if you use them, I get a small commission on your purchase at no extra cost for you. (more info on the Disclosure page).
KYRGYZSTAN TOURISM - General Posts
If you have reached this Travel Guide, you are probably thinking of traveling to Kyrgyzstan. If you are still unsure or just want to day dream, below are some general articles to show you how incredible The Kyrgyz Republic is home stunning sceneries, rich traditions and adorable people.
Below are some summary posts to show you how incredible Kyrgyzstan is:
As I wrote on my huffington post article "Tourist please stay away from Kyrgyzstan... or not" I am torn between wanting the country to keep its authenticity and for the world to discover its beauty.
TOURISM KYRGYZSTAN MAP
Here is a map of Kyrgzystan with the main things to do all around the country. Those are numbered and correspond to the posts or descriptions in the following sections of this guide.
PLANNING AND PREPARING YOUR TRIP TO KYRGYZSTAN
Thinking of visiting the beautiful Kyrgyzstan, the pearl of Central Asia? Here are some posts to help you plan and prepare your trip: visa, language,
Book your trip
If you appreciate all the free content in these online travel guides, consider completing your bookings through my affiliate links. This way I get a small commission on your purchase at no extra cost for you. This helps me to continue bringing you tons of information to plan your trip. Thanks for your support!
- Book your accommodations - Book from a large choice on Booking.com (my trusted travel booking site) or Compare prices on hotelscombined.com
- Rent your car - planning a road trip? Compare fares and book on rentalcars.com
- Book your organized tours, visits and tickets via GetYourGuide.com and Viator.com - I love them both
GET EQUIPMENT YOU NEED
- CLOTHES, SAFETY ITEMS, PACKING PRACTICAL ITEMS, LUGGAGE, ELECTRONICS... Get it on Amazon (US, UK and Canada only)
GET TRAVEL INSURANCE
- I wish you a very smooth trip, but my policy is: better be prepared. I personally use World Nomads. Get a quote online here.
PROTECT YOUR ELECTRONIC DATA
- Don't use unsecured wifi without a VPN service to avoid risking electronic theft - NordVPN is one of the best rated VPN service
THINGS TO DO - AROUND BISHKEK
Kyrgyzstan Tourism starts in Bishkek, the capital city. Located in the North of the country, it is full of trees, squares and statues with the backdrop of high mountains. Discover some of the top things to do in Bishkek as well as a location not far away from it: the Burana Tower where I was lucky to see two girls playing the traditional Kyrgyz Guitar.
TOURISM - REGION OF ISSYK-KUL
The main toursitic area of Kyrgyzstan is Lake Issyk-Kul, the second largest altitude lake in the world. It is quite impressive with its intense colors and the surrounding mountains. All the valleys around it have a lot to offer. Discover some posts with geological, natural, historical and cultural places to discover as you tour the lake.
10 - Sarychat-Ertash Reserve
11 - Barksoon waterfall : on a road going to a gold mine, just accross from a but of Youri Gagarine. Requires steep climbing.
CENTRAL KYRGYZSTAN TOURISM
Outside of the beaten path, away from the wifi, you can discover the natural beauty of Kyrgyzstan. It is like driving in the museum where each turn reveals a new painting or structure. Don't just believe me, check the pictures in the post below, pack your bag and go there. My top experience here was my yurt stay near Song-Kul lake.
- 14 - Kol-Suu - 3500m high alpine lake in the Tian Shan mountains
- 15 - Chatyr-Kol - yellowish-green alpine lake in the Tien Shan mountains
- Check out this great post and pictures by Eric and Taylor about their trip to both Kol-Suu and Chatyr-Kul
- 16 - Tash Rabat Fortress - 31 room - stone caravanserai at 3200m in atlitude from the 15th century - Check the pictures from Eric and Taylor
- 17 - Uzgen Historical Complex - located in Uzgen, one the of the most ancient cities in Kyrgyzstan. It dates from the 11th / 12t century and includes 3 mausaleums and a minaret
- 18 - Sulaiman-too Mountain - World Heritage site in the city of Osh, sacred mountain worshipped over several millennia
- 22 - Manas Mausoleum (Gumbez of Manas) - located near Talas, it is landmark of the Silk Road period - Built in 1334
Of course there are much more things to do in Kyrgyzstan. I am only sharing the ones I have experienced myself. Feel free to share yours in the comments when you come back from your trip!
Inspired? Which ones do you want to experience?
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT