Welcome to the Australia Travel Guide! Australia is a huge country with diverse landscapes and experiences to offer: from the white sand beaches, to busy cities, from the red Uluru to the Great Barrier reef, you will not get bored. This Travel Guide will help you discover in photos the things to do and see around the country. The detailed information and tips for each destination will also help you plan your own trip.
MAKE THE BEST OF YOUR TIME IN AUSTRALIA!
Each post includes info, planning tips and many pictures to help you decide if the location makes it on your plan!
It have visited many more places but it was before I fell into blogging and photography.
This page contains affiliate links, which means that if you use them, I get a small commission on your purchase at no extra cost for you. (more info on the Disclosure page).
GENERAL POSTS - AUSTRALIA
If you have reached this Travel Guide, you are probably thinking of traveling to Australia. If you are still unsure or just want to day dream, below are some general articles to show you how incredible Australia is with stunning sceneries and exotic animals.
SYDNEY - Things to do and see
Sydney is a fantastic city with a beautiful harbour, history and great wildlife parks. Let me show you all the things you could do:
SYDNEY - Animals
I love animals and while I was living in Sydney, I tested several ways to see wildlife in and around Sydney. Here are some of my reviews:
PLACES TO VISIT - within 2 hours of Sydney
Sydney is a fantastic place to be. You have a great city and harbour and so much amazing nature areas within 2 hours of the city centre! Let me show you some day trips you could be enjoying:
Other ideas from fellow bloggers:
PLACES TO VISIT - RED CENTRE
In the heart of Australia, us the magnificent region called the Red Centre. I think it is one of the most magical places on Earth, with the giant rock formations erupting from the flat land. Here are some of the best activities to enjoy in the region
Of course there are much more things to do in Australia. I am only sharing the ones I have experienced myself. Feel free to share yours in the comments when you come back from your trip!
PLANNING A TRIP TO AUSTRALIA
Book your trip
BOOK YOUR TRIP
- Book your accommodations - Book from a large choice on Booking.com (my trusted travel booking site) or Compare prices on hotelscombined.com
- Rent your car - planning a road trip? Compare fares and book on AutoEurope.com
- Book your organized tours, visits and tickets via GetYourGuide.com and Viator.com - I love them both
GET TRAVEL INSURANCE
- I wish you a very smooth trip, but my policy is: better be prepared. I personally use World Nomads. Get a quote online here.
PROTECT YOUR ELECTRONIC DATA
- Don't use unsecured wifi without a VPN service to avoid risking electronic theft - NordVPN is one of the best rated VPN service
REST OF AUSTRALIA
I had the chance to see a lot more of Australia but it was before I started photography and blogging.
So I am sharing with you some interesting articles from other bloggers to help you find ideas and plan your itinerary
- A road trip is definitively a great option - you will be able to discover a lot of the natural gems of Australia. Attention though, especially if you head to the Outback, a few considerations should be made. Twodrifters have listed their best tips for an Australian Road Trip
- Want an overall view of all there is to see around Australia? Vick from the Big Australia Bucket list has created, well, a big Bucket list article about Australia ! Get inspired !
- When I lived in Australia, I went up to Cairns and had the chance to admire the Great Barrier Reef with a scuba-scooter and simply swimming. Absolutely breathtaking! It was way before my blogging time, so I invite you to discover Kate's words and pictures from her time snorkeling at the Great barrier reef
- If you love hiking, Australia is a fantastic place - Shandos from Travelnuity has listed 10 awesome day hikes in Australia - I have done a few and I can confirm they were magical!
- Heading to Melbourne? The Traveling Tom recommends 30 things to do in Melbourne - in the city and also in the region
- Twodrifters share their Australia lesser known spots - They included the Katherine in the Northern Territory and this is a place that is high on my bucket list.
- Adventure Baby shares her guide to the wonderful Rottnest Island in Western Australia - one of the most beautiful islands with incredible colors!
- Want to cross the country East to West? Claire's Footsteps shares her itinerary for a Melbourne to Perth Road Trip which is a breathtaking taking you to the famous 12 Apostles and more.
Inspired? Which ones do you want to experience?