One of the most famous walks in the Sydney area is the one along the coast between the Bondi and Coogee beaches. On the way you discover stunning rocks eroded by the sea, dramatic coves and peaceful beaches.
INFO & PLANNING TIPS - Bondi to Coogee walk
Getting to the walk
- The walk starts from the Bondi beach. when looking at the sea, it starts on the right end of the beach near the swimming pool.
- There are many buses to go to Bondi and Coogee, but no trains
- You can stop at any beach along the way and find buses
Completing the walk
- The full walk takes 2 to 2h30
- Easy to moderate - there are some stairs
- The path is clear, it is easy to follow
- There are toilets at all the main beaches on the way
- You can see a map of the walk on Bonditocogeewalk.com
Bondi is the most famous beaches in the Sydney area, especially for surfer. Personally I don't understand why. It is surrounded by houses and buildings, it does not have a singular shape and is is very crowded.
But it seems it is a great place to be seen on a surf board.
And the Bondi to Cogee walks is one of the main reasons to opt to visit Bondi versus Manly.
At the end of the beach are the pools of the private club.
Right after leaving Bondi, you quickly discovered the eroded cliffs and crazy rock formations. It is the busiest section of the walk but also my favorite.
Tamarama to Bronte
From Tamara to Bronte the beaches also have big waves. Some people also enjoy swimming from the flat rocky areas.
On the way I saw a spot where people were having fun jumping. But be careful, this can be dangerous with the waves pushing you back against the rocks.
Cliff area between Bronte and Clovelly
After the beaches, there is a long part of the walk along the cliffs. Part of it is on man-made paths.
Some people see to always find a way to get down to the water, be it for swimming or fishing.
Before and after Clovelly beach, you can find quieter areas which are more lagoon-like.
And there are more interesting rocks with colors along the path.
As you can see Coogee is a very popular beach: