Welcome to the Namibia Travel Guide! On top of an abundant wildlife, Namibia offers a variety of landscapes with high sand dunes, large canyon, petroglyphs and long empty beaches. You won't get bored. In this online guide, discover in photos the various things to do and places to visit around the country. The detailed information and tips for each destination will help you plan your own trip!
MAKE THE BEST OF YOUR TIME IN NAMIBIA!
This page contains affiliate links, which means that if you use them, I get a small commission on your purchase at no extra cost for you. (more info on the Disclosure page).
BEST OF NAMIBIA
Namibia has been one of my favorite countries to visit to far. I had dreamed about it for a long time and it did not disappoint. The landscapes are magnificent and the animals easy to see during dry season. Discover my best stops not to be missed in Namibia as well as my 10 favorite photos from my trip.
MAP OF NAMIBIA
PREPARE AND PACK - NAMIBIA
Discover in this section of the guide all the information you need to plan, prepare and pack for a trip to Namibia. They include timing question, best season, visas, language, money, clothes to pack and more...
Book your trip
BOOK YOUR TRIP
- Book your accommodations - Book from a large choice on Booking.com (my trusted travel booking site) or Compare prices on hotelscombined.com
- Rent your car - planning a road trip? Compare fares and book on AutoEurope.com
- Book your organized tours, visits and tickets via GetYourGuide.com and Viator.com - I love them both
GET EQUIPMENT YOU NEED
- CLOTHES, SAFETY ITEMS, PACKING PRACTICAL ITEMS, LUGGAGE, ELECTRONICS... Get it on Amazon (US, UK and Canada only)
GET TRAVEL INSURANCE
- I wish you a very smooth trip, but my policy is: better be prepared. I personally use World Nomads. Get a quote online here.
PROTECT YOUR ELECTRONIC DATA
- Don't use unsecured wifi without a VPN service to avoid risking electronic theft - NordVPN is one of the best rated VPN service
PLACES TO SEE - NORTH OF NAMIBIA
ETOSHA NATIONAL PARK
North of Windoek is an amazing place to observe wildlife with Etosha National Park with lions, giraffes, elephants and more and the fur seals of Cape Cross
OTHER THINGS TO DO IN NORTH NAMIBIA
Although Etosha is the highlight of Northern Namibia with abundant wildlife and great waterhole viewing points, other areas are worth a stop to admire other animals such as seals and old rock engravings at Twyfelfontein. For organized day tips, flights and other adventures, Swakopmund is the departure city.
5 - Damaraland
6 - Twyfelfontein (world heritage site)
8 - Africat Okonjima
- Plus 2 game reserves: Caprivi (#1) and Kaudom (#2)
- And the Skeleton Coast NP: difficult access, desert shores and shipwrecks
ACTIVITIES IN SWAKOPMUND
Swakopmund is a town West of Windhoek and located on the shore. It is a hub for different tours and activities. I had only 2 half days, so here are the reviews and pictures from the 2 activities I picked.
PLACES TO SEE - SOUTH OF NAMIBIA
Although you will see admire some wildlife in South Namibia, reserves are smaller and the highlights are stolen by amazing landscapes such as the high red sand dunes of Sossusvlei, the Giant's playground and the impressive Fish river canyon.
11 - Sesriem Canyon
13 - Fish river canyon
If you do not want to drive around Namibia on you own, I recommend the Wild Dog Safari camping tour. This is how I visited the country (note: I selected myself and paid entirely for the tour).
Of course there are much more things to experience in Namibia. I am only sharing the ones I have experienced myself. Feel free to share yours in the comments when you come back from your trip!
Inspired? Which ones do you want to experience?
Leave a Reply