Welcome to the Jordan Travel Guide! Jordan is a country rich in historical and natural wonders, especially the well preserved site of Petra and the desert of Wadi Rum. This Travel Guide will help you discover in photos the things to do and see around the country. The detailed information and tips for each destination will also help you plan your own trip.
MAKE THE BEST OF YOUR TIME IN JORDAN!
It covers all the places I have visited. Hopefully I will one day go back and add to this list!
Each post includes info, planning tips and many pictures to help you decide if the location makes it on your plan!
GENERAL POSTS ABOUT JORDAN
If you have reached this Travel Guide, you are probably thinking of traveling to Jordan. Below are some general articles to show you how incredible Jordan and help you plan your trip and itinerary and later on prepare and pack.
Planning your trip to Jordan
Itineraries & more
MAP OF PLACES TO VISIT IN JORDAN
Below is a map of Jordan with the main sites to visit: Historical wonders such as roman ruins, castles, Petra and also natural wonders such as the Dead Sea and the desert of Wadi-Rum.
Book your trip
The following are affiliate links, which means that if you use them, I get a small commission on your purchase at no extra cost for you.
- Book your accommodations - Book from a large choice on Booking.com (my trusted travel booking site) or Compare prices on hotelscombined.com
- Rent your car - planning a road trip? Compare fares and book on AutoEurope.com
- Book your organized tours, visits and tickets via GetYourGuide.com and Viator.com - I love them both
GET TRAVEL INSURANCE
- I wish you a very smooth trip, but my policy is: better be prepared. I personally use World Nomads. Get a quote online here.
PROTECT YOUR ELECTRONIC DATA
- Don't use unsecured wifi without a VPN service to avoid risking electronic theft - NordVPN is one of the best rated VPN service
THINGS TO DO IN PETRA
There is so much to see and do in Petra, that this guide has a specific section covering it: from walking through the Siq to the 2 main monuments The Treasury and the Monestary to getting of the beaten track, here are some ideas of what you could discover in Petra
PLACES TO SEE - AMMAN AND THE NORTH
When thinking about Jordan, all people have in mind is the magnificent Petra. But Jordan has much more to offer: Ancient latin ruins, desert castles, unique nature reserves and the colorful desert of Wadi Rum. So many places to visit!
Highlights of North Jordan that I have not visited:
- #1 Umm Qais is the location of the ruins of the city Gadara (one of the city of the Devapolis) with stunning surroundings
- #2 Pella is the location of roman ruins. Pella was part of the Decapolis
- #6 Mount Nebo ais a mountain mentioned in the Bible as the place where Moses was granted a view of the Promised Land
- #8 Kerak castle is a large crusader castle
PLACES TO SEE - SOUTH OF JORDAN
The South of Jordan has some more natural landscapes with the red sea, the landscape and wildlife of the Dana Nature Reserve and the the colorful desert of Wadi Rum.
Of course there are much more things to do in Jordan. I am only sharing the ones I have experienced myself. Feel free to share yours in the comments when you come back from your trip!
Inspired? Which ones do you want to experience?