Traveling to Paris and wondering where the best spots to view and photograph the Eiffel Tower are? Search no more. Below are locations to admire and capture the Iron Lady from classic or original perspectives with some of my own pictures of the Eiffel Tower.
Navigate back to the complete Paris Travel Guide
This article contains affiliate Links (more info on the Disclosure page).
EIFFEL TOWER POSITION
Where is the Eiffel Tower located? Let's start by quickly answering that question. Below is a map of Paris with the Seine River, the Eiffel Tower position as well as Notre Dame and the Arc de Triomphe.
The Eiffel Tower is located in Paris France 🙂
- Which bank of the Seine River? South Bank
- Which Paris arrondissement? 7th
- Official Address: Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France, 75007 Paris, France
I have included the Eiffel Tower in many of my suggestions for 3 day Paris Itineraries
MAP - PLACES TO VIEW THE EIFFEL TOWER
The photos of the Eiffel Tower below are numbered and you can find the spots corresponding on this map:
At the end of this post, after the photos, I give you some advice on how to get to the locations you will have chosen depending on your mean of transportation.
CLASSIC ANGLES - PHOTOS OF EIFFEL TOWER
1 - FROM UNDER THE EIFFEL TOWER
From one of the corners of the Eiffel Tower, looking up at the impressive structure
2 - NEXT TO IENA BRIDGE
Next to the 'Pont d'Iéna'. You can take pictures with trees from the street or walk down and take pictures from the river level
3 - CHAMPS DE MARS - OLD STYLE
On the sides of Champs de Mars you can play with trees and old looking lamp-posts to give a nice mood to the photograph
4 - CHAMPS DE MARS - CLASSIC FRONT PICTURE
As you walk the way up Champs de Mars, there are many paths that gives you a direct clear view of the tower
5 - WITH THE PEACE WALL
At the end of Champs de Mars, there an art peace called Mur de La Paix that give interesting prespectives
6 - FROM THE TROCADERO
From theTrocadero place, you get unobstructed view of the Tower and can play with perspective.
Many photographs also enjoy using the flat ground. However on the day I was there, there were some build work and I could not get anything interesting.
Other classic places to photograph the Eiffel Tower that I have not covered yet are:
- From the top of Notre Dame
- From the top of Arc de Triomphe
ORIGINAL ANGLES - PHOTOS EIFFEL TOWER
7 - RUE DE L'UNIVERSITE
If you walk in the streets around the tower, you will find spots, such as Rue de l'Universtié, where you can capture it with old buildings
8 - FIN A CAROUSEL
Around the Eiffel Tower, you can find carousels for interesting angles. There is normally one at the bottom of the Trocadero gardens.
9 - FROM PASSERELLE DEBILLY
There is walking bridge not fram from the Tower thatgives you a change to capture some boats with the Eiffel Tower
VIEWS FROM THE DISTANCE - PICTURES OF THE EIFFEL TOWER
There are many locations to see Paris from above. From most, you can see the iconic Eiffel Tower appear above the roofs.
FROM TOUR MONTPARNASSE
If you are looking to get views of the whole Paris area and see the Eiffel Tower popping, you should get to the Montaparnasse Tower. For 15 euros, you can take a lift taking you all the way to the top of the Montparnasse Tower.
- There is an inside level with refreshments and information
- The some stairs take you to the 200 meter high roof terrace with incredible views all around. The whole terrace is protected with glass but they set up some areas with open slots allowing you to take pictures.
- This is also a great spot for watching sunset in Paris. Be aware that photo slots are sparce at the time the tower lits up. So come early to set up!
FROM SAINT-JACQUES TOWER
Not far from the Notre-Dame Cathedral is another high building: the Saint-Jacques Tower. My opinion is that it has the best view of Paris. Access is limited to pre-booked guided tour on weekends between June and September. THe view is really worht the 300 steps.
FROM ARC DE TRIOMPHE
The Arc de Triomphe does not have the best view of Paris but it has one of the best views of the Eiffel Tower. From the 50m high platform, you are close enough to the Iron lady and high enough to see it almost entirely.
FROM PRINTEMPS HAUSSMANN
In the big shopping street of Boulevard Haussmann, your can climb in the Printemps dedicated to home and beauty to access the terrace. From there you get 360 degree views of Paris, including the Eiffel Tower. Check out more photos and get planning info in the Printemps Haussman dedicated post.
Into photography? Don't miss the Best Places to see Paris from Above and the Best Places to Photograph the Notre Dame Cathedral.
PICTURES OF THE EIFFEL TOWER FROM INSIDE
To get pictures of the Eiffel Tower entirely, you have to get further away as we saw above. But from inside the Eiffel Tower you can also get some beautiful pics of the details, interesting perspective and some great views of the rest of Paris.
Accessing the Eiffel Tower
It is open everyday of the year. In summer it is normally open at least from 9:30 am to 11pm. Check opening hours here.
To visit the Eiffel Tower you can either take a ticket for the lifts or take the stairs.
- Pros of the Stairs: cheaper, less queues, different perspectives of the structure
- Cons of the stairs: 704 Steps, access only to the second floor
Skip the line at the Eiffel Tower
You can purchase your ticket in advance but it will be for specific time.
There are also SKIP THE LINE tickets - they are considered as tours and you will get explanations about the Tower by a guide that will then take you to the 2nd Floor.
- Pros of Skip the line - save a LOT of time to enter the Eiffel Tower, get in depth knowledge about Paris and the monument
- Cons of the Skip the line - more expensive and does not apply to queues to take the elevator down (to queues to go to the summit)
Don't be late or you will lose your access!!!
Paris ACCOMMODATIONS near the Eiffel Tower
So many places to stay in Paris... Wouldn't it be great to be able to see the Eiffel tower as soon as you get out of your hotel or apartment?
If you want a view from your window of the Eiffel Tower, consider some options from the other side of the Seine River
- UNIQUE - Hotel La Comtesse by Elegancia with unique decor and Side views of the Eiffel tower - Check pictures and prices
- LUXURY - At the Shangri-La, High-end decor and service with full views of the Eiffel Tower - AMAZING! Check Pictures and Price
And Below are some suggestions with really great ratings for your accommodation / hotel near the Eiffel Tower (within 15min walk):
- GOOD VALUE/PRICE - Le Marquis Eiffel with interesting decor and close to champs de mars (4*) - Check Pictures and prices
- BOUTIQUE - The Cler Hotel has great classy modern decor and great cafés all around - Check pictures and prices
- GOOD PRICE STUDIO - if you are looking for a rental, the Eiffel Tower Studio with patio has a great Price for the Location - Check photos and prices
- Or find the one you want with the best rated hotels near the Eiffel Tower
How to get to the Eiffel Tower and the best views of the Eiffel Tower
Metros to reach those locations
Here are some information to help you navigate in Paris and find those locations
Tower/Champs de Mars
Metro 6 - Stop Bir-Hakeim
RER C - Stop Champs de Mars - Tour Eiffel
Metro 8 - Stop Ecole Militaire
Metro 6 & 9 - Stop Trocadero
Metro 4, 6 , 12 , 13
Stop Montparnasse Bienvenue
Metro stations (many lines)
Chatelet les Halles or Hotel de ville
Arc de Triomphe
Metro 1, 2 and 6 -
Stop Charles de Gaule -Etoile
Metro 3 - Station Havre Caumartin
Walking distances between locations
Tower/Champs de Mars
2.3 km - 30 min from Arc de Triomphe
4.5km - 1h from Notre Dame Cathedral
1km - 10min from Eiffel Tower
2km - 24 min from Arc de Triomphe
3km - 40 min from Eiffel Tower
3km - 40 min from Notre Dame Cathedral
650m - 8 min from Notre Dame Cathedral
Arc de Triomphe
2.3km - 30 min from the Eiffel Tower
2.6km - 30 min from the Arc de Triomphe
3.2km - 45 min from Notre Dame
Carparks near those locations
Tower/Champs de Mars
OnePark - Tour Eiffel, 133 Rue St-Dominique
Pullman Tour Eiffel - 18 Avenue de Suffren
Quai Branly - Tour Eiffel - 25 Quai Branly
Kleber-Longchamps - 65 Avenue Kléber
Tour Montparnasse, 11 Rue de l'Arrivée
Hotel de ville carpark, 3 rue de la Tacherie
Arc de Triomphe
Parc Mac Mahon 5Avenue mac Mahon)
Parc Paris Marceau (Avenue Marceau)
Parking Haussmann printemps
Want to see more of PARIS?
Discover more things to do with planning information and photos in my online Paris Travel Guide.
Don't hesitate to come back and share your pictures!
You might also like: