Welcome to the New Zealand Travel Guide! New Zealand makes many people dream: the mountains, the fjords, the volcanic activity... A place to connect with nature. This Travel Guide will help you discover in photos the things to do and see around the country. The detailed information and tips for each destination will also help you plan your own trip.
MAKE THE BEST OF YOUR TIME IN NEW ZEALAND!
Each post includes info, planning tips and many pictures to help you decide if the location makes it on your plan!
This page contains affiliate links, which means that if you use them, I get a small commission on your purchase at no extra cost for you. (more info on the Disclosure page).
GENERAL - NEW ZEALAND
If you have reached this Travel Guide, you are probably thinking of traveling to New Zealand. If you are still unsure or just want to day dream, below are some general articles to show you how incredible New Zealand is with its stunning sceneries.
Discover my top 6 things to do, my favorite photos, a video of the many sheep you could cross path with as well as stunning sunrise and sunset shots.
MAP - NEW ZEALAND
Below is a map of New Zealand with all the locations I have visited and wrote about in the following articles. There are of course many more things to see in New Zealand which are not noted on this map, but it includes some of the highlights and it is a place to start...
PREPARE AND PACK FOR NEW ZEALAND
Let's start this destination guide with some general posts about New Zealand: photos, video and later I will add some planning and packing advice
Book your trip
BOOK YOUR TRIP
- Book your accommodations - Book from a large choice on Booking.com (my trusted travel booking site) or Compare prices on hotelscombined.com
- Rent your car - planning a road trip? Compare fares and book on AutoEurope.com
- Book your organized tours, visits and tickets via GetYourGuide.com and Viator.com - I love them both
GET EQUIPMENT YOU NEED
- CLOTHES, SAFETY ITEMS, PACKING PRACTICAL ITEMS, LUGGAGE, ELECTRONICS... Get it on Amazon (US, UK and Canada only)
GET TRAVEL INSURANCE
- I wish you a very smooth trip, but my policy is: better be prepared. I personally use World Nomads. Get a quote online here.
PROTECT YOUR ELECTRONIC DATA
- Don't use unsecured wifi without a VPN service to avoid risking electronic theft - NordVPN is one of the best rated VPN service
NORTH ISLAND - LOCATIONS & ACTIVITIES
The North Island of New Zealand has a great variety of landscapes with beautiful beaches, volcanic regions, geothermal areas and great cities such as Auckland and Wellington.
Other ideas from the web:
SOUTH ISLAND - LOCATIONS
The South Island of New Zealand is the place for the lovers of untouched nature: mountains, glaciers, incredible lakes, million year old boulders and wildlife
ACTIVITIES IN QUEENSTOWN
Queenstown is often called the Adventure world capital with many activities such as Buggy jumping, parasailing, Jet boat and more. Personnally I like a thrill but not too much, I opted for the following 3 activities. Here are my photos and reviews.
Visiting Queenstown with your family? Check out this article about Visiting Queenstown with kids !
Of course there are much more things to do in New Zealand. I am only sharing the ones I have experienced myself. Feel free to share yours in the comments when you come back from your trip!
Inspired? Which ones do you want to experience?