Rondinara Beach in Corsica is considered one of the most beautiful bays in Europe.
With a shell shape, it offers a mix of fine sand to relax and rocky areas to explore.
Below is my guide to help you plan your visit with map, tips and photos.
This article contains affiliate links (Disclosure page). If you purchase using my link, I get a commission at no extra cost to you.
Why visit the Bay of Rondinara in Corsica?
The shape of Rondinara Bay
The Rondinara bay has become famous mainly because of its shape.
As you can see on the aerial photo below, it has a horseshoe shape (or a shell shape for a more dreamy description).
Plus, it is quite enclosed with the two headlands almost touching. So it creates a calmer beach.
I normally don't post such photos because you can't see it for yourself. But I purchased the photo so that you could realise the amazing shape.
As you drive down via the road going to the bay, you can appreciate it a little bit. The turquoise waters are alluring, aren't they?
The unspoilt Rondinara Beach
The other reason why Rondinara beach is a top place to go, is because it offers a great mix:
- Turquoise shallow waters,
- Gentle slope and calm sea,
- Long and wide sandy area,
- Rocky head for those who like exploring.
I included it in my list of the best beaches in Corsica.
I love colorful rocks, so I personally went exploring one of the heads. More photos later in the article after the planning tips.
Planning tips & Map - Rondinara Beach, Corsica
Where is Rondinara Bay in Corsica? Map
This highlight is included (with GPS coordinates and practical tips) in my travel Guide eBook that helps you easily plan your Corsica road trip:
How to get to the Rondinara Bay?
- You need a car to reach Rondinara
- The last 7km are off the main road T10 - the road is not in perfect condition. It is winding and narrow. But it is paved and, I think, large enough - no worries!
But, as you drive down, you get a glimpse of what you are going to enjoy. So that is exciting!
Need to rent a car in Corsica?
- Compare prices on my favorite platform: Discovercars.com - one of the best rated comparison sites!
- Choose the car and company you prefer (not too big but with enough power for mountain roads)
- Consider their full coverage option - I always take it for peace of mind!
- Book early to have a large choice of vehicles!
- At the bottom, there is a large carpark.
- You have to pay a fee for the day - there is no other choice
- You have to pay upon entry, at the kiosk
- It is right by the beach, just 1min walking a path in good condition and you are on the sand
- The carpark is unattended. Don't leave your belongings visible.
Rondinara beach restaurant
Right by the beach there is a restaurant with views of the water.
There are lots of tables but it can fill up very quickly.
Book or go early.
I really enjoyed my salad.
The restaurant has bathroom facilities.
Where to stay near Rondinara - Hotels, Camping & accommodations
- CAMPING - Rondinara is also a sought after destination because it has a campsite not too far from the beach: Camping Rondinara
- THE FAMOUS - the most famous accommodation here is Les Terrasses de Rondinara - some great apartments with stunning views over the bay - Check out photos and availability
- THE ROMANTIC - les chambres de Mila have fantastic design, lots of space and welcoming owners - Check out photos and availability
- VILLAS - If you are looking for your own little villa, consider Résidence Santa Monica at the top of the hill - Check out photos and availability
Rondinara Sand Beach
As you can see in the picture below, the sand of Rondinara Beach is white.
This is really sparkling against the turquoise water.
There is a pier in the middle that is great for photography.
Access is allowed only to boat owners. This is not an area to play.
Contrary to other beaches in the area, such as Palombaggia or Tamaricciu, the sand area is quite wide. So there is more space to settle.
Unfortunately, like most of the beaches in South Corsica, it is overcrowded in Summer.
But off season, as you can see below, it is really an idyllic environment.
It is especially good for families with young children because the slope is gentle and the bay is calm.
Note that the beach is susceptible to be partially covered with dead seaweed leaves (Posidonia leaves).
The scenery is less like paradise then. But this process is really essential to protect and regenerate the beaches. That's why the leaves are not removed.
Bay of Rondinara - rocky headland
If you love rock formations as much as me, I recommend taking the path on the right side (when facing the water).
It is an easy walk in the maquis (low vegetation of the Mediterranean sea).
On the way, you discover small coves with reddish rocks.
And you can see the hills protecting Rondinara Beach.
But my favorite is at the end of the path, when you reach the tip of the headland.
There are rocks of every colors.
Sometimes really red like you can see below.
And sometimes a variation from white to brown with yellow and green in the water.
This is quite fascinating and a great playground for photographers.
Beach of Rondinara - North side
You can also walk towards the North side of the beach (left when facing the water).
There is no path. You walk on the beach and sometimes in the water.
You can find smaller, quieter coves.
At one point, you will have the beach and sea on one side and the Prisarella lagoon on the other.
Beaches nearby Rondinara - alternatives
On the same south coast of Corsica, you can find other famous and easily accessible beaches.
Sadly they all get overcrowded in the heat of Summer.
Next door beach
You can walk on the trail on the right side of the beach over the headland.
You will find another sandy arch. However, the sand is greyer and the waves much taller.
The most famous beach in the region is Palombaggia. It also has red rocks, but I preferred those of Rondinara.
It is also very crowded in Summer.
Check out my article on Palombaggia
Tamaricciu is Palombaggia's neighboring beach. There is not as much parking but the beach is fabulous.
It is famous for its cove on the left side (when facing the water) where you can find giant grey boulders and a lone pine tree.
See more photos
Santa Giulia Beach
Santa Giulia is a great option for families too.
It has all you need nearby and a huge parking close to the beach.
Want to see more of the best Corsica has to offer?
- 35 best places to visit in Corsica - read article
- 21 best beaches in Corsica - read article
- 9 best things to do in Corsica - read article
- 35 of the most beautiful Corsica landscapes in photos - read article
- How to plan a road trip in Corsica - read article
- Tips to drive in Corsica - read article
- Where to stay in Corsica - read article
- The famous Calanques de Piana - read the article
- The tour of the Cap Corse - read the article
- Best things to do in Bonifacio - read the article
Planning a trip to Corsica?
Check out my travel guide to help you plan:
Be overwhelmed by the beauty, not the planning!
And keep track of your own trip!
Inspired? Share it on your favorite platform!